Wednesday, 26 May 2010

El Dad has spoken, too

Francesc Fàbregas Sr has spoken to Radio Marca, transcribed by the Daily Mirror here. This is radio, he can't claim to be misquoted (though he can perhaps try and claim the Mirror don't understand Spanish...)

"Cesc has been very clear. He mentioned it early to give himself the best chance. This would have caused a lot more bother had it been brought up after the World Cup because then there is not much time to react and look for a new player. At 23 he has shown his maturity and it has been only him that has spoken without any agents talking."

Nah, no room for misunderstanding there.

But not even El Dad is convinced that the transfer will go through.

"I do not want to say either way because I don't know. We have no experience in all this. I would like Cesc to leave Arsenal with his head held high because they have given him everything. As his father I am very grateful for the way that Arsenal have taken care of him."

So we are left where we were: Arsenal get to say Sí or No to any offer that Barca makes. And it's less than four months since Cesc Fabregas signed a five-year-contract...

No comments:

Post a Comment