Perhaps inspired by my dissing the rumour about Joe Cole signing for Arsenal, The Daily Star on Sunday spends most of its back page stating the fact. Big announcement tomorrow, I'm told they say.
A great opportunity for me to tell my readers where I draw the line. In order to get a mention on the rumour list, the rumour/target needs to be accessible online.
So the moment the Star finds the time to publish the story on their website, I pounce and put it on the "Players coming in?" page (link on top of page).
Speaking personally, I have a hard time seeing how Cole would fit into Arsenal's first XI, unless it was as a direct replacement for Cesc. Or a direct replacement for any of the three or four midfielders we have injured at any given time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Cole is not number 100, BTW. He's been linked with Arsenal earlier this Silly Season.
ReplyDeleteNot in love with the idea of Joe Cole, but I think its pretty obvious he would fit as a direct replacement for Arshavin and/or Rosicky.
ReplyDeleteArshavin still has plenty of upside, and thus more market value, while Rosicky is running out of time to demonstrate he can still contribute.
I like Rosicky but him out/Cole in is an upgrade at least, even if its not the area I would be focused on.
Alternately, Cole in for "free" and Arshavin out would be less ideal, but if its for enough money to fix at least one of our central defense/central midfield/goalkeeper problems, I can live with it.