Two rumours have been effectively put to death by manager Arsène Wenger in today's press briefing at Arsenal.
Firstly, Arsenal doesn't need a £15-20m surplus in their transfer dealings every season. A Belgian journalist's sloppiness has produced ever so many headlines the last 36 hours. Today, Wenger simply confirmed that the club itself needs a positive financial result in order to pay off the debt on the Emirates Stadium.
“I am surprised that you are surprised," he said. "Do you think the target of the Club is to lose money?"
Secondly, Wenger has absolutely no intention to manage England.
“I have never really been tempted by a national team job [...] I am more interested in a day-to-day basis job."
Again, the headlines and stories are only rumours. Don't be tempted to believe the hype rather than the direct quotes from the source himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment