Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Players leaving Arsenal

Even if the rumours of incoming transfers have gathered most interest on this blog, I've at the same time tried to maintain a list over rumours concerning Arsenal players leaving.

Early on in the Silly Season, I simply gave up collating all the "Fabregas to Barcelona" rumours as it would have taken all my spare time to keep track of. Whether I have the stats or not, it IS the most mentioned Arsenal transfer rumour of the summer.

However, today I'll stop updating the list concerning William Gallas and Mikaël Silvestre. They have both been removed from the official squad list at arsenal.com. Sol Campbell is still listed, even if he is out of contract. I imagine that his contract offer is still his to accept.

Gallas' squad number has been given to Robin van Persie, Arsenal's new number 10. And the Dutchman's number 11 shirt has been allocated to Carlos Vela. The Mexican, linked this summer with Deportivo La Coruña, looks destined to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment